|Difficulty: Medium |
Superior: Moebius Biolab Officer
Duties: Provide biological and genetic modifications to paying customers. Or just implant them on hapless vagabonds for science!
Guides: Guide to Genetics,Guide to Aberrant Organs
Quote: "GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD! THE KIDNART!"
The Moebius Bio-Engineer researches biological augmentations for the crew aboard the ship. Via the Visceral Research lab in the Moebius Medical section of the ship, The Bio-Engineer can discover genetic mutations or assemble aberrant organs that will enhance the lives of any crewmember willing to pay for these sort of upgrades.
Though the Bio-Engineer reports to the Moebius Biolab Officer, they are not a doctor primarily. Instead, the Bio-Engineer is expected to have a range of mutations, organ upgrades and aberrant organs available. Work with the rest of the Medical and Science staff to gather the materials you need to do your job.
If Medbay cannot provide you the necessary materials you may consider going out to gather the materials yourself, or offering a bounty for willing subjects.
As the person who creates mutants as a job, you will likely be in conflict with NeoTheology - either from being antithetical to their views on the human body, or by taking a stance of advocating for the mutants you have created. You may want to force NeoTheology to minimize the number of active Obelisks near your part of the ship as they will harm clients who take up the path of biological augmentation.
- Patients and the deceased can provide subjects for genetic scans or materials for the Disgorger. Which provides which is a matter of perspective.
- While your actions should be mostly legal, be aware of the Agreement in regards to mutants.
- NeoTheology Obelisks are troublesome to people who install your augmentations and may discourage potential clients.
- Some items for your job may only be found in the deeper maintenance levels of the ship. Either go exploring from time to time or hire vagabonds to retrieve materials.
- As an antagonist, note that the Visceral Research lab is both close to Surgery and can be closed off from prying eyes.