NeoTheology Agrolyte ErisEn
|Difficulty: Easy |
Superior: NeoTheology Preacher and Captain
Duties: Maintain the church's garden to keep the biogenerator fully stocked, and provide food for the club.
Guides: NeoTheology Lore Basics, Guide to NeoTheology
Quote: Voluptatis regno meo.
The Neotheology Agrolyte is a part of the Church of Neotheology aboard. You must have a Cruciform core implant selected in the character creation menu to play this role. The humble Agrolyte is responsible for growing fruits and vegetables for the church and for the clubs kitchens.
As an Agrolyte you will start in the hydroponics garden inside the chapel. In your locker you will find a set of Agrolyte armour; use it because it will give you resistance to all kinds of biological damage and will let you access the Bioreactor room when it is operational. You will also find:
- A plant analyzer
- A mini-hoe
- A hatchet
- wire cutters
- bottle of weed killer
- plant bag for collecting plants.
In the same room as your locker you will find 2 vendors: the MegaSeed Servitor and the NutriMax. These vendors provide seeds for growing and fertilizing agents respectively.
Your job is to take the seeds from the vendor and plant them into the hydroponics basins in the garden. Once you’ve done that you will be able to examine (shift-click) the plant to find out what it needs; you can also use your plant analyzer for an in-depth printout of the plants condition.
Plants will require Water and Nutrition. You can use a bucket to water the plants; buckets can be refilled using the water tank. Use fertilizing agents from the NutriMax vendor to add nutrition and make sure to keep up with the needs of the plant for a successful harvest. The basin will flash a different color to indicate the status of the plant:
- Green Light: Ready for harvest
- Blue Light: Low water
- Yellow Light: Low nutrients
- Red Light: Low health
- Flashing Red Light: Weeds
The hydroponics basin will flash red when there is a problem with weeds; you will have to clear them out using the mini-hoe. Alternatively, you can use your weed killer spray. The hatchet will take a sample of any plant to acquire seeds in a basin. If your plants die then you can remove them by clicking with an empty hand.
Once the basin flashes green, that means the plant is ready to harvest. Some plants will remain to bear more fruit, but others are a one-time harvest and you will have to replant them. You can use the machine called the Seed Extractor to obtain seeds from any plant you have grown, since there is a limited amount in the vendor to start with.
- Plants are great fuel for the Bioreactor. Grow as much as you can and deliver it to the reactor room.
- A lot of things you can grow will contain useful chemicals and reagents if properly processed. Some of these chemicals can have positive effects on your plants.
- Plants have pretty stable genetics under normal conditions. However, that can change with the addition of mutagenic elements.
- The fungus that grows on the ship can be sampled for spores using wirecutters. These spores can be grown in the garden and harvested for useful chemicals and biomatter.
- You can milk the cow using a bucket, and feeding the chickens with wheat will cause them to lay eggs.
- You can barter with the club owner for food products as you share a fridge with them.
Reading Material/Related Links